All RTOs are required to offer their students Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL), and our RPL kits will make your RPL process a breeze.
We have designed our RPL assessment kits to be candidate and assessor friendly so they ease the burden of RPL on all parties. Our RPL assessment kits ensure your RPL process is valid and that candidates are assessed against all unit requirements.
We don’t repeat the unit in our RPL kits!
Our RPL kits include:
- Checklists for each unit so the candidate can self-assess to see if RPL is a suitable option.
- Structured RPL tasks and evidence requirements that the candidate must provide.
- Checklists for the assessor to mark each task or evidence requirement with guidance on expected answers – all mapped to the unit.
- Observation checklists where required for the assessor to use when observing practical skills.
- Verbal questions for the assessor to ask the candidate.
- Third party reports for units so the candidate’s supervisor can confirm their workplace skills.
For each unit included in this qualification, you will receive the following:
- Assessor Record – guides assessors through the process of assessing RPL for each unit. Provides verbal questions to be asked with benchmarks and/or sample answers, list of evidence to be collected and what to look for, recording tools and space for recording discussions with third parties.
- Self-Assessment Tool – includes simple checklists for each unit to help candidates determine if they have the skills and knowledge to apply for RPL (used as the first step of the RPL process).
- Candidate Evidence Tool – outlines the tasks/evidence the candidate needs to complete to demonstrate they have the skills and knowledge required of the units they are applying for (may include practical tasks, evidence to collect, questions to answer and so on).
- Third Party Report – provides third party reports for each unit, to be completed by a person who has worked in a supervisory capacity to the candidate and is familiar with their abilities. They are asked to provide feedback on the candidate’s skills and workplace performance to support the candidate’s RPL evidence.
Refer to the Unit & Cluster Outline tab for the units provided as part of this kit.
Note: Our RPL kits are designed to be used to assess the prior skills and knowledge of an individual, gained through prior work and life experience. If you intend to assess your candidates through an assessment-only pathway through structured tasks (rather than recognising existing skills, knowledge and experience), we recommend purchasing our standard unit assessment kits.
- This product is sold under the terms of our Licence Agreement. Read our Licence Agreement here.
- All documents are provided in Microsoft Word format and can be customised to suit the needs of your target group as required.
- You can add your logo and contact details to all purchased documents and make changes to the documents as necessary.
- RPL Kits are not covered by our Guarantee.
- The licence permits use only within the licensed RTO, without limitations on student numbers.
- You are not permitted to share the resources with any other entity or RTO.
- For use within more than one RTO, please contact us for a multi-license quote.